If you can’t seem to get into the business, you may want to consider increasing your likability. While this factor alone won’t get you into the business, it is a multiplier that will help augment your skills and experience to break into the business. Likability is a multiplier. Tune in to find out how to make it work for you.
Six Ways to Make People Like You – Principles from Dale Cargie’s Book “How to Win Friends and Influence People”:
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
Questions to ask as you apply these Six Principles:
A. Begin with the end in mind – Have you set your goals? Are they measurable?
B. In person – Are you applying the six principles in person? How so?
C. On the phone – Are you applying the six principles on the phone? How so?
D. Email – What principles are you applying when you email recruiters / hiring managers?
Thanks to our Sponsor, Med Reps!